Monday, March 29, 2010

The injured puppy

Hello: Well I have not been having a good couple of weeks. My dear Boxer has injured himself, how I really don't know. One morning he woke up acting as if he had something in his eye. It was tearing and he was rubbing at it, thinking it was just some dust I figured he would tear it out and all would be fine. Although it persisted his eye was red and a little swollen. He went to the vet and we were told he had scratched it. We were given creme to put on his eye two times a day and told to come back within 3 days to see if it was working, if not we were gonna have to try a different kind of creme. Well the first one did not work, we got the second that did not work either. The next thing was surgery he went in on Friday and they sewed his third eyelid shut in hopes that the red blood cells would heal his eye. So for two weeks my little pumpkin has to walk around with a cone on his head and a stitched up eye. Well Yesterday which was Sunday he somehow hurt his leg.
Now Jersey and cones are not even close to being friends.. he must have got scared when he hit something with the cone and stepped funny on his little dog leg. SO NOW I have a dog with a sewed up eye, a cone and a limp. I really hope this little fur man does not do anymore damage to himself and that he heals up very soon so he can play and have fun again cause I am sure this is driving him and I both crazy.

1 comment:

  1. aww, poor puppy! At least his cone is stylish looking.

    ReplyDelete