Friday, March 9, 2012

Crazy Checks & My Precious

Happy Frock on Friday!
The dress was found at my usual $5 bag sale. Meaning it cost me about 75 cents. I got others at the same time... but sadly it looks as though most of them are too big for me.
"Touch my shopping bag and I will beat your @$$!!" (Not really but that was my caption for this photo when I seen my face. )*lol* I am IN LOVE with this shopper bag I found. First off it was sitting outside in a FREE BOX... BUT WAIT... as we are pulling up to the shop and I spot it. Store employees are walking outside towards their free stuff. One of them grabs the bag *WHAT??!*
She carries it in the store and I over hear her say she thought someone donated it and threw it there. But then another employee said no "We got it yesterday and so on so put it out their because they didn't think it was worth much" I know if I don't speak up soon this damned bag will get a pricey sticker. So I blurt out from the isle "How much do you want for that bag?" Then they look puzzled. "Ohhh gosh I am thinking" One says "Two fifty?! looks at the other one (Do you think that's okay) "Uhmm yea okay says the other lady".) So I tell them I will think about it and then after that I hear "If she doesn't buy it we can get more for it." *Sigh* So I just say "I will take it can you hold it for me until I am done shopping."

Sadly the original owner of my fave thrift store left in the middle of Feb. These people who run it now are all new. (Most of the old staff left the same time as the old owner) I see some higher pricing going on and changes every time I visit.
As they say.... "Nothing lasts forever"
I really have to start getting some stuff done outside soon. The yard looks like absolute trash and I am limited to where I can take pics right now. No one wants to look at dead plants from last summer. Am I right??!! *haha*
My Mother who was with me when I purchased it ... *Hates it* And thinks I should sell it. My Dad says: "It's LOUD & different" (But it did make him smile so that has to count as something.) I think.....
And now you see how hair lazy I was. Clip here, clip there, clip left, clip right.
Wearing my green Bagel shoes Mr. bought me in the fall. They were perfect because this dress is TOO LONG. I am going to hem it so I don't wreck it. I swear the original owner must have been close to 6 feet. It puddles on the floor on my 5'4" body.
P.s. I bought my first pair of original 60's Cateye frames a couple days ago.
I am going to get them filled with my prescription *HOPEFULLY*
I am going to have to look for a place that doesn't mind working with vintage frames.
*MEEEEEOW*
I am excited!

25 comments:

  1. That dress is AMAZING! Congrats!! YOu look so cool in it..
    Love the bag. Nice pop of yellow never did anyone any harm! Classic story on the pricing of it - bummer you didn't get it for free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had I just arrived at the shop 3 minutes earlier... I could have saved myself $2.50 And put it towards their price inflation on their merchandise. *Haha*

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous dress, even gorgeouser bag.
    It's like you I'm thinking...loud and proud (and gorgeous!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can be rather Loud. I suppose that is why I like absolute quiet at times... to recover from myself. *hehehe*

      Delete
  3. Oh I sure do like that frock....the checks are awesome, especially with a hint of green. Fab bag too. Got to love a fill a bag for $5 sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bag is BAD@$$!! I love it. The dress looks amazing on you I really like the checks. Our thrift stores here are full of overpriced junk :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bag is Class with a capital C its gorgeous. Its great to have something different from everyone else, it will certainly be a talking point. Loving your dress to lovely colours on you. Good luck with the frames hope you are able to find someone. Have a great weekend, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute dress and bag! I can't wait to see the glasses. I used to have my grandmother's gold metal cateye glasses with rhinestones...but I don't know where they are now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Oh how I love that bag! The yellow one is pretty cool too hee hee.High priced oppy yere they get like that.
    I so must learn how you do your pics I just have no time to play with editing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bag and frock are beyond fab! I love them both, your outfit could be my most favourite ever! Dying to see the frames.
    Go on , show us your dead plants, it won't make me feel so bad about my garden then! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bag is perfect for you! They should have seen that and just pushed it toward you and said "Take it, it was meant to be!". You make that dress - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe they didn't give it to you for free!! You have talked about having a family some time and that bag for be perfect for the quick (is there such a thing with kids?) shopping trip. Big enough to chuck in a nappy or two, wipes and a change of baby clothes. I usually get to work and pull drink bottles, snacks etc out of my bag, never know what you will find in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh excting, I hope you find somewhere! I LOVE that bag and would've snapped it up too. I also love the dress, maybe you could ebay the others? and let me know as they might fit fatty old me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in love with that bag. Seriously. Love, love, lurve..........

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one amazing bag!!!! It was so meant to be yours.
    The dress is just perfect on you.
    Happy weekend miss coconut!!!!
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glory be to all the bag saints!!! You are sooooooooo lucky and I'm so happy it was you who spoke up and snaffled that glorious, beautiful treasure away from those nasty high-pricing biatches!!! xoxoxoxxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. That bag is amazing and totally draws the eye! You will be the centre of attention where ever you go. I love your checkered frock so colourful and pretty. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That bag is amazing, agree with your dad! Love your wallpaper too, lobsters and coconuts so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that bag is indeed precious! Isn't it funny how you can love something instantly and with a passion, and someone else looks at it and thinks it's dreadful? I bought some shoes yesterday which obviously I love, but a woman I know who I bumped in to in the charity shop said they are hideous!
    Anyway - WE know we have excellent taste at all times. So there.
    Gorgeous frock, you must take it up so the hem doesn't get ruined. The square neckline is lovely.
    I have had a good weekend, I was scared not to after seeing that last photo, hahaha!!! xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking good, lady! The pattern on the dress is lovely and your bag i LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOLOL you tell stories so well. I love the picture with the "My Precious" bubble. It made me laugh out loud in the library, you're so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your dress and that bag.I hate when new people come into favorite stores and they change things.I am 5'4 too i have long legs and thought buying my jeans long would be better well I must have shrunk cuz the scrape the ground when I walk.lol.Your garden is cute unlike mine a big ass yard with no trees or anything.But the front porch s all cluttered.Great frock.I missed mine again.lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh darling that dress is really fabulous on you, but the bag is really insane, totally love it...to bad the staff changed and the new owners make everything more expensive...:(
      kiss,mary

      Delete
  21. What a fab bag amor! your shape if your bag reminds me of Mexican sweet bread. they should of gave to you for free!
    loving the check pattern on your frock.
    besones

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous all round!

    ***To those I follow and who follow me - is my blog appearing on your dashboard? Blogger appears to be losing some blogs I follow!**

    ReplyDelete