Thursday, July 28, 2011

Beaded Necklace Head (If Cleopatra thrift shopped)

Hello there all! I assume your wondering what it is I am doing in this ensemble. No I am not channeling Cleopatra.. well maybe I am (Had she run out of eyeliner.) Misfits Vintage put out a fun challenge. In her words "Consider this a challenge -
what non-hat item can you wear as a hat?"


Check out her hat! It's very cute!


Nelly did feathers (*Hehehehe* She gave me a really good laugh and looked like a pretty convincing parrot.)


This is what I chose bead necklaces worn as a hat. All of the necklaces are beaded strings except my lovely medallion on a chain necklace. I also wore a robe tie around my head to keep my necklaces from falling down and hitting my nose every couple of seconds! *LOL* (It was starting to hurt) Actually this whole ordeal caused me pain.



The freakin sequin top I wore for the first and last time, Cut and scratched the insides of my upper arms. *owwwie*



The Supplies 7 necklaces (4 thrifted)(3 garage saled) 1 Robe tie (thrifted)
I did use 4 bobby pins to keep this attire on my head!



~Stupid sequin top thrifted / Genie pants thrifted / Underwear Brand new (Probably cost me more then the whole darn outfit)~




~*Arabian Nights*~


















See you soon!

14 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun! Gave me a good laugh!! Very creative!

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL loved it!!! good giggling going on from this feather head.I used to LOVE those old arabian movies as a kid didnt you? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I put an edit at bottom of last post I did you may want to have a gander xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check you out, that head dress is so sexy on you, I reckon you should wear it more often.
    Ouch, hate it when clothes attack. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vintage Sweetheart I really did have fun.. (Playing dress up is not just for kids) *hahaha*

    @Nelly Its been years since I have made a feather head laugh! =p My night is complete.

    @Vix If I was to wear it ever again I would have to glue it together. *lol* Although that could be an idea for the future with cheap necklaces I find when I am out saling or thrifting. I could make a fancy headpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh way too cute, I'm sure, but an way to pissed to write anything coherent, soreeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must learn to belly dance now
    its something i have always wanted to do but my badge of motherhood had changed my stomach, it would scare people

    ReplyDelete
  8. ironically they just showed a Cleopatra movie on TV yesterday.

    You are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kitty lol I seen a few of yoru other comments and got a chuckle! You silly Chic!

    @CRY I am afraid I would not have enough time to learn as I plan to start a family in about a year and a half or so. LOL I would probably just start getting slightly good then *BAM* I would be pregnant! *hahaha* I doubt your stomach would scare ppl.. Buy a how to dvd and start at home. I actually have one I bought a few months back because I thought it would be a good workout. I need to actually use it!!

    @1950's_atomic_ranch_house I have Netflix and I saw it on there yesterday. *haha* I might have to have a Cleopatra night tonight. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog made me smile and giggle!! So I'm totally subscribing to it :)
    I tried belly dancing one time. It was also the first and LAST time. I felt the burn.
    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Lucky O'Day hahah Well I will try a few moves from a begginer dvd. Hopefully I don't injure myself!! LOL
    It's been a good whie since I felt any kind of burn! *haha*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovin' your headgear hon, totally wearable - I would!! Hey don't chuck the sequin top - I know some of them can be a bastard to wear but pop a thin woollen or cotton long-sleeved top underneath and you can still wear it. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look so cute.love it.Cleopatra would be proud.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your headpiece - I want to make one too! And I agree with Desiree - wear something under it!

    FABULOUS post!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete